Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Timeless Bedroom Designs for Girls

When designing a bedroom for girls, I always think of the next few years. Will that little girl still like her room when she reaches her teenage years? Even if most girls are into pink and purple when they’re usually in their elementary school or middle school years, their choices radically change when they reach their teens. They also begin to form their own preferences for their belongings, which is why I like installing furniture that can be easily modified through the years.


Image source: Firstclasstur.com

I like encouraging young girls to choose three to five colors that they like. Even if it’s clashing, I try to find ways to incorporate those colors in the interiors. If they are into fiery oranges and flaming reds, I tone down the hues a bit so it will work well with plain tones such as ecru and white.

Surprisingly, shades of pink, purple, blue, and green never go out of style. These four colors are also very easy to match with each other. And when a young client chooses one of these colors for the walls, I usually match white or off-white furniture to make it pop. Choosing pastel colors, in my experience, has worked for so many of my clients. They enjoy the femininity and the flexibility of these colors. On the plus side, these tones go well with the décor that they want put up in their room. Posters, framed photos, fairy lights, lamps, and even beanbags make the room more appealing.

As an interior designer, I like it when my clients have a vision of what they want their space to look like. You know what? My young clients make my job easier because they have very good ideas for their own rooms and they’re very sure of what they want.

Image source: De-index.com

 I’m Jonathan Bunge. I believe that design is life, and my job as an architect and interior designer proves my penchant for the craft. Let’s keep in touch on Twitter.

1 comment: